Briggs Stratton Power Products
BRIGGS & STRATTON, founded in 1908, is the world's largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines - four-stroke carburettor air-cooled engines with a capacity of 3 to 25 hp. These engines are used to drive small mechanization. They are installed on lawn mowers and cultivators, motorcycles and mini tractors, power plants and pumps, as well as various construction and special equipment.
Each year, the corporation manufactures more than 10 million engines of various modifications and spare parts to them at its factories in the USA and Japan. To maintain a high level of service and repair of BRIGGS & STRATTON products, a network of authorized service dealers from more than 33,000 independent companies around the world has been established.
Today, the corporation employs 7800 people. Their professionalism allows BRIGGS & STRATTON to take a leading position over many years of constant competition.
In 1919 Briggs & Stratton launched a wheel with a motor AO Smith. This wheel, which became the precursor of the P-engine, was used as a bicycle knife for bicycles and bikes Briggs and Stratton. The wheel with the engine has led to the development of a stationary engine type "P". This development revolutionized the production of four-stroke petrol engines and became a starting point for Briggs & Stratton as the world leader in the production of gasoline air-cooled engines. The development of the P- engine and the following models provided a small, reliable and convenient means for supplying energy to a multitude of machines and mechanisms, such as washing machines, garden tractors, cultivators and generators.
In the 1930s, due to the growing demand for small engines, the company is developing a number of new models that are first used in agriculture and defense industries, and soon begin to be widely used in other sectors of the economy.
In 1930, Briggs & Stratton organized a nationwide system of maintenance services using independent authorized centralized distributors. The distribution centers were staffed with training at the factories, they were provided with spare parts, special tools and engines for repair work. Engineering development, production and maintenance - the necessary components for achieving the production company's status of the world leader - were created under the leadership of Charles Couglin.